Call for submissions is currently closed.
Call for Submissions
(Abstract, Poster, Panel, Special Interest Group, and Workshop)
Virtual: 12th Health Literacy Research Conference
October 19-21, 2020
Accepted submissions will be included in a Special Issue of
Health Literacy Research & Practice
Please read ALL of the following instructions before submitting.
- Complete the 2020 HARC Abstract Submission form or Panel Submission form below.
- Upload your any supporting documents to Dropbox. Please do not email your files to us. To send us your files, please click on this link to upload your files to our Dropbox folder. Please save your file as your last name and first initial so we can match your file to your submission form.
- If you do not receive email confirmation immediately upon submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission Due Date: August 8, 2020 at 5pm Pacific Time
No Abstract or Poster may be presented at HARC if it has been published or accepted for publication either in article or abstract form prior to the abstract submission deadline. Papers under review at the time of the submission deadline but not yet accepted for publication, even if appearing before the meeting, are eligible for presentation.
Select your presentation type:
Scientific Abstracts for Oral (10 minutes) or Poster Presentation - All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by a panel of reviewers. The highest rated abstracts will be offered an oral presentation. Other highly rated abstracts will be offered a poster presentation. There will be an $18.00 fee for each submission.
Panel (90 minutes) - Panel presentations involve three to five individuals (one of whom must be designated as leader/moderator) who present different perspectives on a common theme or topic. Following the presentations, the panel moderator will lead a discussion/Q&A with audience members. The proposal should describe the common theme/topic and the major points of discussion. Presentations should ideally be based on recent publications or completed work that has not been presented elsewhere.
Special Interest Group (60 minutes) - Interest group leaders facilitate an intensive, interactive discussion and networking opportunity among participants, based on the topic proposed.
Workshop (60-90 minutes) - Workshops provide the opportunity for in-depth discussion and instruction on a focused topic. Demonstrations, exercises, group activities, and other methods of experiential learning are appropriate and desirable. Proposals should outline the specific objectives of the workshop, the intended audience (novice or experienced researchers, prerequisite knowledge/skills, etc.), the instructional techniques, and the qualifications of the instructor(s).
- Excluding the title and author list, all submissions are limited to 500 words.
- Tables and Figures - Submissions may include no more than 1 table or figure. Graphics should be compact and used only to display essential results where textual presentation would be less efficient. Large tables and figures intended for use in an oral or poster presentation are not appropriate for the abstract submission.
- Any graphics (tables, figures, graphs) included must be submitted via Dropbox.
- Do NOT include references in your submission.
Based on peer review and its mandate to create a balanced and varied program, the Program Committee will normally not accept multiple submissions for presentation from the same author or group of authors. Submissions will be reviewed by reviewers who have no conflict of interest. Each submission will be rated for significance, innovation, and quality by at least four blinded unconflicted reviewers.
Corresponding authors will be notified by September 4, 2020 if their work was accepted.
The Sabra M. Woolley Memorial Award will be presented to the highest rated Oral Abstract Presentation of the meeting. This award comes with a $500 stipend.